jueves, 9 de junio de 2011

A PROMISSORY NOTE

Long time ago since I wrote my last post in English. It is not that I do not consider this language as important. It is only that Spanish is my natural language. The one in which my feelings can be expressed in the best of the ways. Quite well I know all that English has done for my Internet affairs and for my life as a whole.
Today I just want to use it again as a tribute to a man, a time, and a speech that made me clear that all the efforts to learn this language were well worth.
These days, when one may think that everything is lost and there is no way for hope, when a sort of nonsensical politicians only know to appeal to our despair (they may think we are stupid), I turn my head back to that August 28th Dr. Martin Luther King’s speech and realize that there will always be a way ahead as long as faith, hope and love keep deeply rooted in the man’s soul.
Yes, it was well worth time and work if only to be able to understand the deep meaning of  his rhythm, words and silences.
And yes, nobody is going to make me quit and stop taking my voice up, loud and clear, to proclaim that a better world is always possible.
Here is the proof:


1 comentario:

  1. Congratulations on your post from a regular anonymous visitor.

    ResponderEliminar